Sustainable Macleod Inc., which runs the Macleod Organic Community Garden, is now an incorporated association and is taking membership for the next year. Membership of Sustainable Macleod allows you to have a voice in the Transition movement and the development of a sustainable Macleod and the projects in energy, transport, sustainable development, waste, conservation and local food.
Join now to become part of the Macleod Organic Community Garden – not only will you have access to the garden and its produce, you’ll connect with other like-minded gardeners in the community, share knowledge and have access to Sustainable Macleod’s resources.
Become a member
Membership is on a yearly basis, ending 31 December if joining late in the year, your membership will expire the next year.
$25 single membership.
$50 joint membership (two people living at the same address)
You can download a Membership Form here, then Email or give it to us at the Garden or the Veggie Swap. Printed Membership forms are also available at the Community Garden
The Macleod Organic Community Garden is open every Wednesday and Saturday from 1 pm to 4 pm, except if very bad weather.
- Access to produce of the garden, available each week during our normal opening times (excess produce will be distributed through the Veggie Swap or local community groups)
- Access to the Seed Library and Garden Books via the mini hot house library at the Garden
- Access to spare seedlings that are raised for the garden (never buy another Tomato Seedling)
- Access to pruning’s for grafting (when available)
- Request a plant – you can request most common plants that can be propagated, like mint, sage, blueberries etc.
- Hands-on workshops during the year, on topics such as soil biology, wicking bed construction, composting, grafting, pruning, water saving, irrigation, solar projects, maintenance of tools, and other relevant topics. Free to Members unless we need to pay to host it.
- Access to local Community Garden resources, like free local inputs such as coffee husks, wood shavings, horse poo and straw.
- Invitations to local social events, including special events such as Swap a Preserve Day, cooking demonstrations, and Daylight Savings Pizza Cook-ups.
- Shared access to the Garden Clubs of Australia magazine (4 issues a year)
- Insurance cover (for the personal accident) while volunteering or at a club event
- Your membership fee will be easily offset due to a reduction in your seed, seedling and fruit & veg budget for the year.
- Experience a sense of belonging, connect with others in the community.
- Participate in positive and healthy activities, enjoy the friendship of like-minded people.
- Gather knowledge and share ideas on sustainable gardening practices.
- Enjoy the benefits of fresh seasonal, local-grown produce and other garden outputs.
- Use of our community Trailer $10 Donation to help with the upkeep like rego.
- Access to our Tool Library, a gold coin donation for upkeep. Tools like Gazebo’s, Posthole Diggers, 18 Volt tools etc.
- We have a commercial wood-fired oven available for use.