Cheesy garlic roasted asparagus
A quick and tasty side dish that the whole family will love!
- 250g asparagus spears, woody ends removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or 2 cloves garlic, minced)
- Sprinkle of salt and pepper
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese (or pre-packaged ‘pizza cheese’ if you can’t be bothered grating mozzarella, like me!)
- Preheat your oven to 220°C.
- Arrange asparagus in a roasting pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle the oil mixture over the asparagus and toss to evenly coat.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until vibrant and just beginning to get tender.
- Remove from the oven and top with cheese. Return to the oven and grill until the cheese melts and becomes golden (about 4-5 minutes).
- Adjust salt and pepper, if needed. Serve immediately.
Written by Elissa Oppenlander